Watch all CPMS videos:
Introduction to the CPMS in English on YouTube/Download (29MB)/Download audio MP3 (7MB)
Introduction to the CPMS in French on YouTube/Download (284MB)/Download audio MP3 (7MB)
How to use the CPMS in English on YouTube/Download (500MB)/Download audio MP3 (14MB)
How to use the CPMS in French on YouTube/Download (500MB)/Download audio MP3 (14MB)
In 2010, the members of the global Child Protection Working Group agreed on the need for child protection standards in humanitarian settings. The Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action (CPMS) were finalized in September 2012. Over 400 individuals from 30 agencies in over 40 countries, including child protection practitioners, humanitarian actors from other sectors, academics and policy makers, were involved in their development.
The CPMS aim to:
- Establish common principles among those working in child protection ;
- Improve the quality of child protection programming;
- Improve accountability within child protection work ;
- Provide a synthesis of good practice and learning to date ;
- Enable better advocacy and communication on child protection risks, needs and responses.
CONTACT US: We want to know what you think of the CPMS and how you are using them. Please use our feedback form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, feedback of submissions of news items to post on the webpage.
Guidelines for Translating the Minimum Standards
If you are interested in translating the CPMS into additional languages, please use these Translation Guidelines